11 November 2006

Hey, kids! Are you ready for some football?

Foster children staying in Winnipeg hotels are to be removed to accomodate Grey Cup fans. Read more here.

It seems now that Manitoba's Minister of Family Services and Housing is stepping up to find lodging for these displaced children. Frankly, it's awfully cold to hold football fans in higher regard than foster children (money talks), but I want to know why these children are living in hotels in the first place.

Of course, the short answer is that the system, despite its efforts to convince us of the contrary, doesn't care about these people, much like how it doesn't care about most of the people it is intended to serve. I'm going to stop here because, right now, I can't do this situation justice with my rhetoric, so I'll allow you to draw your own conclusions from the article.

Speaking of failing the people, read all about the Bipartisan Ship.

1 Comments:

At 11/11/06 19:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I've only grazed over a bit of your blogs but I can respect the way you think. It's disgusting what this world is turning into but it's rare that I find someone else who thinks the same way. Just wanted to let ya know that and I plan to regularly read your journal now lol. Peace dude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home