17 November 2006

Fat-phobia

Click here to read how one woman will not stand for it anymore, then read here about what it means to be thin for far too many.

I can't say I know what it's like to be fat, or even anorexic, but I do know how it feels to be on the receiving end of a steady psychological onslaught because I didn't fit the "norm". For fear of putting my foot in my mouth - that is, if I haven't already done so - I'll end by saying this:

Can we please stop being mean to one another? There's no need for this.

I apologize if I didn't tackle this issue more appropriately.

2 Comments:

At 18/11/06 09:05, Blogger G. said...

Further to this, I wish to link this article. Pay attention to the headline, particularly how it implies that a "tomato diet" was responsible for this woman's death. Leave it to mass media to mislead the masses.

 
At 30/11/06 21:05, Blogger TNTrash said...

Yo. Thanks for the linkage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home